Thursday 27 January 2011

Furness Abbey Binaural Edit

A trip to Furness Abbey to do some field recording using binaural mics.

This is a quick edit of some of the interesting parts of the trip.

Such a lot of sounds of journeys in a space I went to thinking of it a quiet place. There's planes, trains, automobiles plus walking and jogging.....

I also did some recordings of Barrow town centre and had a play with a contact mic in the car whilst driving, will see if anything good comes out of that. At the moment I'm really just playing around with recording methods and thinking of ways to use field recordings in my work. Really happy with the Abbey recordings on the whole, need to get used to the stillness needed to make good field recordings again, I do seem to have a habit of walking about too much.....

No comments:

Post a Comment